Grace Anglican Community offers a student ministry for those in Junior High and High School, grades 6-12, that is rooted in Biblical teaching, worship, prayer, and fellowship in a way that create a contagious passion for Christ
So what are Sundays like?
Students in 6th-12th grade gather for dynamic worship and study, as well as time to hang out and grow as a youth community on Sunday afternoons right after church from 12-2:00. Currenty we are doing a weekly Zoom Call at 3pm on Sundays. Below is what a normal Sunday not under lockdown:
o Worship– before every lesson we start with worship and invite the Holy Spirit into the space. Our view of worship is summarized by this quote: “Worship is communion with God in which believers, by grace, center their mind’s attention and their heart’s affection on the Lord, humbly glorifying God in response to His greatness and His word.” – Dr. Bruce Leafblad
o Fellowship– the youth get to join together with each other every week and create new friendships as we go through the journey of Life. Colossians 3:16
o Learning– the majority of youth group is taken up by the lesson where we look at the Bible and learn ways to apply the Bible to our daily life. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
o Prayer– we focus on prayer, allowing the kids to have a chance to pray for each other and add Requests and Praise to the prayer board at the end of each youth group. James 5:16
o Games- we play everything from dodgeball to “Apples to Apples”
o Lunch– We enjoy a time of food and fellowship that is provided by our parents each week. It is a great time to build relationships amongst our youth community.
Youth Group returns in person November 22
- Breakdown is Social Time, 2 Worship Songs, Lesson, and Activity
- Lunch will not be served during this time. We will have prepackaged drinks and snacks for the youth.
- Mask will be required during the length of youth group.
- Hand Sanitizer or washing hands will be required to entering.
- We will require “6 ft” Social Distancing. Including when worshiping and the lesson.
- We will encourage everyone to bring their own bibles, since books are hard to clean.
- We will be using the white round tables, so they are easy to sanitize.
- No more than 3 people per table spread throughout the table.
- If possible, we will sit family together.
- We will be telling all students that have experienced any symptoms or fever to not attend youth group.
Grace Students Medical Release and Behavior Agreement
Feel free to contact Henry Covert if you have any questions.