How to read the Bible
What is the bible?
- A book about God
- each page boldly and clearly reveals who God is on every page
- we usually approach the bible seeking answers for ourself, think who am I, or what should I do, or what is my purpose
- we try to implant ourselves on every page
- Bible is our burning bush-Jen wilkins, it is God revealing himself to us
- through the Lens of who God is we learn about ourselves
- the heart cannot love what the mind does not know
How to Read the Bible in a simplistic way
Step 1 pray
Step 2 read passage twice
Step 3 ask these questions
- Restate what is happening
- why does matter as we head towards the cross? How does this point back to the cross?
- what does this say about God?
- what does this say about the Jesus?
- what does this say about the Holy Spirit?
Step 4 pray
For the youth reading plan click here