Grace Anglican Community offers a student ministry for those in grades 6-12 that is rooted in Biblical teaching, worship, prayer and fellowship in a way that IGNITES a contagious passion for Christ
So what are Ignite Sundays?
Students in 6th-12th grade gather for dynamic worship and study, as well as time to hang out and grow as a youth community on Sunday afternoons from 12-2:30 at the Coverts’ house. This includes:
- Worship– before every lesson we start with worship and invite the Holy Spirit into the space. Our view of worship is summarized by this quote: “Worship is communion with God in which believers, by grace, center their mind’s attention and their heart’s affection on the Lord, humbly glorifying God in response to His greatness and His word.” – Dr. Bruce Leafblad
- Fellowship– the youth get to join together with each other every week and create new friendships as we go through the journey of Life. “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.” Colossians 3:16
- Learning– the majority of youth group is taken up by the lesson where we look at the Bible and learn ways to apply the Bible to our daily life. “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Prayer– we focus on prayer, allowing the kids to have a chance to pray for each other and add Requests and Praise to the prayer board at the end of each youth group. “Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.” James 5:16
- Games- we play everything from dodgeball to “Apples to Apples”
- Lunch– Lunch will be provided and will cost $5. You can pay for a month of meals at a time. If you write a check for lunch, please make it out to Grace Anglican Community and put youth lunch in the memo section. If money is an issue, please contact me and we can work something out.
Here is where you can find everything so you can keep in touch to what we are doing.
- Student Medical Release Form 2016-2017 http://www.graceanglicankaty.com/?attachment_id=4033
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ignitegrace
- Twitter https://twitter.com/ignitegrace
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/graceanglicantx/?hl=en
Feel free to contact Henry Covert if you have any questions.