At Grace Anglican Community, we prefer the term “minister” over “volunteer”. This is because God actually designs ministries for us and us for ministries. Regardless of terminology, there are many opportunities where you can serve.
Below you will find a list of ministries currently in formation. Training will be provided.
No matter what your experience or background, there is a place for you.
- Acolytes – Assist clergy at worship services.
- Alpha – Practical introduction to the Christian faith.
- Altar Guild – Responsible for preparation and maintenance of all items related to the altar. The altar is the table where communion is celebrated.
- Children – Assist with children’s programming.
- Daughters of the Holy Cross – An order for women devoted to evangelism, service and prayer.
- Grace Community Care – Meets short-term needs of the community.
- Home Groups – Bible studies that meet in homes.
- Hospitality – Preparation and distribution of coffee and refreshments.
- Lay Eucharistic Minister – Assists in distribution of communion.
- Lay Reader – Reads scripture lessons during the service.
- Media Tech – Runs video component of the service.
- Missions – Domestic and foreign that serve and proclaim.
- Set Up/Take Down – Assembles and disassembles stage and other elements required for worship.
- Student Ministries – Works with sixth graders through high school seniors.
- Sound Tech – Responsible for mix and volume of sound from the audio system.
- Upper Room – Prayer ministry.
- Usher – Assists people to their seat and directs the movement of people as they receive communion.
- Welcome – Greets people as they arrive and serves at Information Center.